Sunday, August 13, 2017

GOD WILL NEVER DENY HIS OWN



I attended a traditional marriage ceremony on the 24th of October 2015 in the eastern part of Nigeria and something happened which triggered a thought in my heart.
There were a set of friends that came together for that wedding amongst whom were four guys and a few young ladies. One of these ladies was part of the 'asebi' (young single ladies in uniform who dance out with the bride). In the course of the ceremony, after the ladies had danced out, the Master of Ceremony told the ladies to go into the crowd and pick out a guy each who would pay N500 to 'set them free' from the stage. Then the war began... Men and boys began to dodge their faces. It happened that non of them knew me, except for the groom. This lady came to her friends and pleaded that one of them should come out for her, but they all refused. She pleaded earnestly but I noticed they were not even willing to go out. I saw disappointment coupled with embarrassment on her face as a result of this. She went back without anyone. What baffled me was that before the ceremony began, these guys were so free with her, talking to her, laughing together and all of that. You know, I saw a feeling of being accepted on her face at that time. Only for the time to prove the 'acceptance' to come and they all rejected her (probably they didn't have money-but went in such splendor).
Then I thought, man has never been sufficient, so it's of no use to put trust in him. Blessed is he that trusts in God rather than man (Ps. 118:8). First of all, God will never deny you for any reason if you sincerely come to him. He says draw nigh to me and I'll draw nigh to you (James 4:8). Jesus said he that comes to me I will in no wise cast out (Jn. 6:37). Secondly, He is all sufficient, He does not have any cause to be ashamed when you're in need of Him because He is sufficient.
After considering this, I just felt at ease because the "All Sufficient God" is my father and friend. I have all I will ever need because I have him that owns all- Ps. 24:1.
Note: I'm not blaming those guys or the lady for any reason, I just used that experience to explain the truth that unlike men, God will never deny you!
SHALOM!

Ikpa Onwuka.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LESSONS FROM MY SPINNING KEYS

One evening, I was spinning my keys around my finger. Then suddenly they slipped off, loosed from the key holder and falling off to differen...